"Silicone is the smart choice when compared against any acrylic roof coating. A silicone restoration membrane delivers superior UV resistance, adhesion, and reflectivity."
In the last 3 years we have seen a huge rush of New Mexico Homeowners & Commercial Property Managers toward Silicone roof Coatings in place of the older water based Elastomeric coatings.
Why the dramatic Shift? Over all, people looking to replace their worn Flat Roofs have been very unhappy with water-based Elastomeric coatings. These Coatings don't come close to achieving their own Warranty claims of 5-10 years. Premature breakdown (Cracking & Peeling) is common and is a direct result of New Mexico's' Altitude, harsh UV rays, and harsh weather. Also there has been very little movement back to the traditional hot asphalt roofs of yesterday. When was the last time you saw a roofing truck towing a hot tar-kettle behind it?
Homes are much cooler now with reflective roof coatings- lowering the expense of Swamp Coolers and A/C units. As a result the ROI is substantial. No other Flat Re-Roof Solution can give you the ROI of Silicone White Coating .
It's the Best External Home Improvement investment you can make in your home.
* Energy Savings 20% + .
* Easier to spot and repair leaky areas due to damage.
* Photovoltaic Panels (PV) panels are a perfect match for cool roof coatings
because they can be seamlessly waterproofed around the support/racking
system. They also increase electricity production by 4% or more, due to lower
* No Tear off (of your old roof) is necessary. This keeps our landfills free of tons
of debris and lowers the cost of your project.
* We can Coat over your existing old TPO, Acrylic Coating, Roll Roofing, or
Tar & Gravel roof depending on conditions.
Now we arrive to the Scientific properties of Silicone and the reason for the 50 Year
* 96 % Solids means very little product is waisted vs 70% Solids for Water Based
* Low Chemical reactivity: Grease vents from restaurants don't harm it.
* Low toxicity - So safe baby bottle nipples are made from silicone.
* Thermal stability over extremely wide temperature range: -100 to 250 degrees.
* Adheres well to almost all roof types: TPO, Tar & Gravel, Roll Roofing
(Modified Bitumen) , EPDM
* Resistance to Oxygen, ozone, and- MOST IMPORTANTLY - ultraviolet (UV)
light gives Silicone one of the Longest Warranties in the Roofing
business. (50 Years)
Silicone is the smart choice when compared against any acrylic roof coating. A silicone restoration membrane delivers superior UV resistance, adhesion, and reflectivity.
UV Resistance - Unlike acrylic roof coatings that chalk, discolor, crack and haze when exposed to ultra-violet rays, silicone restoration membranes provide an in-organic, high solids elastomeric roof coating that will not degrade, chalk or crack under even the most extreme UV attack.
Stays Strong in Ponding Water - Traditional elastomeric/acrylic roof coatings are water-based and cure when water evaporates. When ponding water is present on roof surfaces for a period of 48 hours or more, acrylic roof coatings can begin to re-emulsify to their liquid state and lose adhesion. In contrast, silicone coatings cure and cross-link by reaction with moisture in the air. Silicone cannot re-emulsify due to exposure to standing water. Gaco S20 is a non-water based, high-solids silicone roof coating. As such, when ponding water is present, S20's adhesion to the roof substrate is not affected.
Reflectivity Saves Energy - Using white silicone roof coating on a roof saves building energy use by as much as 15% to 35%